Six Sigma is a project management methodology aimed at increasing the quality of products / services by determining and removing the causes of defects and variability (potential or detected), so as to ensure customer’s satisfaction. The projects and the tools used follow a well-defined series of steps that ensure proper prioritization of projects, detailed analysis with statistical methods of processes, determining the implications / deep causes and making correct decisions on the activities intended to be achieved. The decisions concerning the projects are taken on the basis of clear and verifiable data, not based on assumptions or hypotheses. The projects are aimed at achieving measurable and quantifiable financial goals.
Unlike Lean, aiming at removing non-value and loss prevention by analysing and reorganizing the value stream processes, Six Sigma aims projects for removing defects and phenomena of potential or measured variability within processes, determining deep causes and the measures to be taken.
Contents of training:
• Six Sigma concept, statistical elements.
• Variability – impact on the stability of processes and customer relationships.
• Selection of projects – VOC (Voice of Customer), CTQ (Critical to Quality Characteristics) SMART goals, logical process flow chart.
• Prioritize features / quality issues by means of QFD (Quality Function Deployment).
• DMAIC methodology (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control).
• FMEA – Failure Modes & Effects Analysis, Risk Management, RPN index.
• Control charts (Control Charts) – measurements, control limits, X & R charts, attribute analysis, interpretation of charts.
• Capability indicators and their interpretation.
• Design for Six Sigma (DFSS ) – basic elements.
• Implementing Six Sigma within the company.
After attending this training, participants will be able to:
• understand in detail the working principles of Six Sigma projects.
• decide, fully aware, on issues concerning the implementation of Six Sigma within the company.
• make or participate in making the plan for the implementation of Six Sigma tools within the company.
• use the tools for measuring processes, to determine the actual performance of processes and criteria for measuring and follow up.
• Use techniques to identify the causes of problems.
• Participate in initiating and setting the SMART goals.
• Participate in the FMEA analysis and calculation of the RPN index.
• provide data and participate in Lean – Six Sigma projects.
Duration of training : 2 days, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a break of 15 minutes after 1h 45 ‘ and 1/2 hour break for lunch break
This post is also available in: Romanian